Nov 3, 2017
Newsletter - 3rd November 2017
Welcome back to what is our busiest and most magical term leading up to Christmas. With all the fabulous enrichment planned, I am sure your children will be thrilled with all their learning this term.
It is always so lovely to see so many faces at events we hold at the school. We may be a small primary school but we do have the most supportive parents. It really does mean a lot to the children to have someone from their family attend events. As you are aware, the charity ‘Porchlight’ received our donations this year and they were so grateful for all we gave. Our Head Boy chose the charity this year so on behalf of him and the children we thank you.
Wear It Pink Day
Another successful bake sale and pink non-uniform day meant that we were able to raise £260 for the breast cancer charity. I do feel that Mr Matthews took the day very literally with everything pink including his beard and hair. Again a huge thank you to all the cake donations and support for this worthy cause.
We are moving with the times and are now able to offer an online payment option for OWLS, school uniform and trips. If you would like to use this facility for payment for OWLS and school uniform you would need to let Mrs Taylor know and she will send an email with a link to the payment. For trips, the letter will be emailed with the payment link. However if you still wish to pay by cash or cheque this is still fine at the moment and an money will need to come into the office in a clearly labelled envelope as we cannot accept lose money.
Children In Need Friday - 17th November 2017
The children in TOP Class are organising some fun events to raise money for Children In Need. These include wet sponge throwing, raffle to paint a teachers face, a bake sale, Pudsey drawing competition and a human fruit machine. The children are also invited to wear their pyjamas on the day for a donation of 50p.
Home learning task
The home learning sheet will be coming home today for Term 2. You may find that most of the activities are unchanged with the exception of the year 1s in class 4 and class 3. This is because many of the topics continue across two terms. Your support given was amazing, the work that came in for last term was just remarkable. I have uploaded photographs to the website in the gallery section if you would like to see all the wonderful things the children produced. The children enjoyed the opportunities given in class to share their chosen project and spoke confidently to their peers. I look forward to seeing the wonderful creations on the 4th December.
A reminder that if you have not signed up for a time slot to speak to the class teacher there is still time to do this. Please see Mrs Taylor in the office.
Just a reminder again about school uniform. Children need to come to school with the appropriate clothing and footwear. Trainers and tracksuit bottoms are not considered part of our school uniform; however, both are acceptable for PE sessions and after school sports clubs. As ever any problems please see Mrs Taylor or myself.
Dates for Diary
- 8th November- Parent Consultations
- Week Beginning 13th November – Book Fair arrives
- 14th November- Open Day for new intake 2018 Reception 9:30am and 1:30pm
- 16th November – Open Day for new intake 2018 Reception 11am
- 17th November – Children In Need
- Week Beginning 27th November – Y6 Bikeability
- 29th November – Christmas Tree Walk
- 30th November- Class 2 Dover Museum trip
- 4th December- Home learning tasks due in
- 8th December – Christmas Fair 3-5pm
- 13th December- Class 4 parents nativity performance 10:30am
- 13th December- Christmas Service at St Mildred’s Classes 1,2 and TOP
- 14th December- Class 3 parents nativity performance 10:30am
- 15th December- Christmas Lunch and Christmas jumper day
- 18th December- Drama Club performance Aladdin to parents 6pm
- 19th December- Christmas Party and Father Christmas visit
- 20th December- Last day of term finish 1:30pm NO OWLS on this day
Please note some of these dates may have changed and these are the most up to date.
Finally, some great news the unbeaten Preston football team were again victorious against Monkton Primary school on Wednesday winning by a massive 9-0 score line. Mr Clay was very impressed with the great team spirit and encouragement shown by all players. Well done everyone involved!
Mrs H Clements